On Tuesday, November 19th, the Web of Science Group revealed its annual list of Highly Cited Researchers for 2019. Six faculty members from the University of Virginia were among those recognized for their production of multiple highly-cited papers that rank in the top 1% by citations for field and year in Web of Science.
Since 2002, the list has identified global research scientists and social scientists who have demonstrated exceptional influence – reflected through their publication of multiple papers frequently cited by their peers during the last decade. Researchers across the world eagerly anticipate the launch of the Highly Cited Researchers list each year and universities also celebrate the inclusion of their own researchers on the list [more].
Dr. Kodi Ravichandran was among the six UVA faculty of the highly cited researchers for 2019:
- Scott Doney, Professor of Environmental Sciences
- Jonathan Kipnis, Professor of Neuroscience
- Brian Nosek, Professor of Psychology
- Edward Perez-Reyes, Professor of Pharmacology
- Robert Pianta, Dean and Professor of Education
- Kodi Ravichandran, Professor and Chair, Microbiology, Immunology, and Cancer Biology